Upgrade from DocuShare 7 to 7.6
- DocuShare version required: DocuShare 7.0 Update 1 Patch 3 (DS7Update1p3)
- Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- RedHat 7 and 8
- CentOS 7
- Solaris 10.x is not supported at this time
- Tomcat 9.x
- Web Server
- Apache 2.4.6 or later
- IIS 10
- Microsoft SQL server 2019, 2017, 2016
- Microsoft SQL Express 2017 updated to SQL Express 2019
- PostgreSQL 11.4.3, 14.2
- Oracle 19c, 21c
- Chrome (Latest)
- Edge-Chromium (latest)
- Safari (latest on iPad/iPhone/MacBook)
- A new license is required for DocuShare 7.6.
- DocuShare provides a 30-day grace period to apply the new license after the upgrade.
- SAML Single Sign-On Support provides customers to connect their DocuShare server to their enterprise Identify Provider. This enables users to login using their
enterprise login rather than having to use/remember a separate login/password for
- Auto-Provisioningwhen SAML is enabled. This is an Admin choice. If enabled, users that don’t exist on the DocuShare server will automatically be created and
have basic access to the DocuShare server. This eliminates the need for the user to
request an account from the Admin.
- Forgot Password Reset is the feature that allows for the user to reset their
password without the need to contact the System Admin.
- DocuSign Add-on Connector for DocuShare updated to support the new
- Various Security Updates and Bug fixes
- For new Document Viewer installation, PrizmDoc 13.x runs the client and the server on the same box.
- For upgrades with Document Viewer installed, PrizmDoc will continue to run the client on the DocuShare server and the PrizmDoc 12.x on another server.
- For upgrades without Document viewer, PrizmDoc 13.x runs the client and the server on the same box.
- Currently, we do not support running multiple DocuShare instances on a single VM with Solr.
- The Solr engine is started automatically after DocuShare 7.6 Installation (both Linux and Windows). However, if Linux machine is restarted, the Solr engine must be started manually before starting DocuShare.
- Only a new net install will provide the Solr engine. Upgrade from DocuShare 7.0 IDOL Service will retain IDOL engine. Also, upgrade from DocuShare 7.5 that is
still running IDOL server will retain IDOL engine.
Currently there is no migration/upgrade path to move from IDOL to Solr search engine (KeyView/IDOL to Tika/Solr)
- Current customers who are running on IDOL must remain on IDOL.
- Running IDOL and Tika on the same server will cause conflict in the search functionality.
Fixes in this Release
SPAR 142739 - Stack Trace appears with Enable Stack set to No
||SPAR - dssetup fails because tries to update
||Update to Solr 8.11.1
||Back button is not working in a number of places. Example:
ERR_CACHE_MISS appears after clicking back button of the
browser In PDF or HTML View.
||CVE-2021-41165: CKEditor.js version updated
||JQuery updated to version 3.6.0
||Values for mapped DocuSign properties within Basic eSign
Settings and Template Profiles Administration pages that
exceed the length of the mapped DocuShare property will not
be returned after signing is complete.
Using SAML override is advised to be used on a DocuShare
only account. It should not be used with an account that is
linked to the Identify Provider.
- Xerox DocuShare and Solr - IDOL-Solr Comparison Guide for internal support
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign - Administrator Guide
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign - Deployment Guide
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign - User Guide
Additional Information and Support
Click here for any updates to this document.
The latest information regarding DocuShare can be found on the DocuShare web site.
For information on a solution, search the Knowledge Base for a solution.